Many people write to me and ask for a printed copy of the Steel Pan Tuning Handbook. Since it can be difficult to get a printed copy from the Musikmuseet in Stockholm, and I don't have any profit interests in the book, I have decided to put the book on the net in PDF (Acrobat) format.
The PDF files will print and scale (almost) exactly as the original version of the book, which is needed if you want to use the templates supplied the appendices. Besides from the full book as a single file, I have split the book into PDF sections, so you may download only the parts you desire.
In order to use the PDF files, you have to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you may download freely from Adobe.
The whole book
- The Steel Pan Tuning Handbook as one single PDF file [2.7 MB]
- Contents [16 KB]
- Preface [45 KB]
- I. Making and Tuning a Steel Pan [1.1 MB]
- II. Developments, Innovations and Experiments [139 KB]
- III. Acoustic Function of the Steel Pan [561 KB]
- IV. Layouts, Measures and Tools [636 KB]
- V. References & Index [28 KB]